I made these amazing blueberry gluten-free pancakes with whiskey infused dark maple syrup the other morning. I was inspired by my trip to the local winter farmer’s market last weekend. While there, I fell in love with all of Wellington Made’s crafted products and ended up picking up the whiskey infused dark maple syrup to try… I’m already going back next Saturday to grab another bottle, it was that tasty! I’ll also be sharing some other Wellington Made inspired recipes on the blog in the coming weeks, to showcase some more of their wonderfully crafted products. In the mean time you can check out their website for information, or better yet go visit their wonderful booth at the Terra Greenhouse Winter Market open every Saturday 10AM-3PM.
The pancake recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and free of refined sugars! Not only are they delicious but they have a consistency and taste comparable to those made with wheat flour. The recipe is a good base for other flavors, and you could easily spice these up with cinnamon, nuts or even berries for variety. For my first ever batch I decided to play it safe with blueberries and cinnamon.
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1¼ cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 large ripe, organic banana
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon local honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large organic egg
- coconut oil for cooking
- Place all ingredients, except egg and coconut oil in the base of a blender and blend until smooth. Add egg and pulse a few times until egg is fully incorporated.
- Heat a griddle or large saute pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of coconut oil. When hot, pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side) and serve hot with maple syrup.
- *If batter becomes too thick to pour easily, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to thin.