About three or four years ago now was the first time I bit in to this wonderful tasting “tartine” which in french means open-faced sandwich. At that time I was working in Yorkville at 889 Yonge and eating at my regular lunch spot Le Pain Quotidian. I was quite sad when it abruptly closed, but since then I have managed to recreate my favourite tasty apple, sharp cheddar and honey treat. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do!
- 8 slices of Nut & Seed Bread (or another you prefer)
- 2 small mcintosh apples, sliced
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp honey
- handful of crushed pecans
- Slice apples and place on each toasted bread slice. Layer sharp cheddar on top and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Drizzle honey over top of melted cheese along with crushed pecans. Serve 2 slices of bread per person.