I was searching through some of my favourite food blogs earlier this month and came across this delicious blueberry oat muffin recipe on Food52. I did however alter the recipe a bit by making it Gluten Free.
Luckily, I had a huge leftover bag in my freezer of blueberries that I picked in the summer time and I felt like this was the perfect treat to utilize them in! They’re the perfect morning snack to have with a warm tea or coffee.
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill GF flour
- 5½ cups rolled oats (gf)
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup plus 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups blueberries
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 standard-sized muffin pans with paper liners. In a large bowl, stir together the gf flour, oats, brown sugar, flaxseed, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, oil, buttermilk and ¾ cup water. Mix until the dry and wet ingredients are just combined, and then fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the muffins cups, filling each cup right up to the top, and bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and cool completely before serving.