This oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is a staple in my household and never disappoints. I very happy to be finally sharing it with you all! As you can see in the photo they turn out light, crunchy and perfectly shaped every time.
Be sure to let the cookies sit for 2 minutes after taking them out of the oven though! Or else they’ll crumble all over you. Truth be told though, not all the dough makes it into the oven, lots were consumed in a big bowl of chocolate cookie dough ice cream!
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt and cinnamon, mix well.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes. Don't over cook. (There are no eggs in this recipe, I didn't forget to type it down).