Who doesn’t love the taste or smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies? … I don’t think anyone I’ve ever met could argue that fact! This classic vegan chocolate chip recipe tastes just like the ones mom used to make, you won’t even know they’re vegan.
This past week I’ve been immersed in my books for mid terms and I thought it was about time I rewarded my honest work with some delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies. These guys sure hit the spot for my family and I. We ate them right up! Enjoy!
- ½ cup Earth Balance
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cane sugar (or use white)
- 1 flax egg: (1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the flax egg and set aside.
- With an electric mixer or in a stand mixer, beat the Earth Balance until fluffy. Add the brown sugar and cane sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Beat in the flax egg.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape balls of dough and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 mins. on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.