I absolutely love everything about this time of year from the smell outside, the colours of the leaves, the delicious harvest, to most importantly the apple picking! For as long as I can remember every year I’ve gone up to Milton to pick my own apples off the side of the road at this wonderful little picturesque farm. This year I got a little carried away and picked a basket full!
I wanted to share with you my favourite quinoa and oat apple crumble dessert. So simple and delicious I could make it with my eyes closed. Hope everyone has a very happy Fall ! 🙂
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ quinoa flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats & flakes, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.