The past month I’ve been doing less baking and more exploring of Farmer Markets and pick your own farms in Toronto and outside the GTA. I’ve been wanting to share this delicious Frozen Banana Bites recipe for awhile now but have had to do a couple of test runs to make sure I could make the photo look just as good as it tasted. Needless to say, it’s amazing how the simplest things are often the most delicious. My family has fallen in love with these bites and they will continue to be a staple in our household freezer, they’re the perfect go-to chocolate fix.
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ⅔ cup chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 bananas, sliced crosswise into ¼"-inch pieces
- Place peanut butter and yogurt in a small bowl and stir together. Stir in the honey. Transfer to a sandwich bag and snip a small corner off.
- Place chocolate in a medium glass bowl set over a small saucepan with 1-inch of simmering water. Stir until chocolate has melted and then add a tablespoon of coconut oil to thin the chocolate.
- Top banana slices with the peanut butter mixture and then coat with chocolate and place on waxed paper. Place waxed paper into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.