One word…yum. I’ve already eaten two for breakfast already. These chocolate peanut butter muffins are incredibly easy to put together, really rich and chewy, and not to mention wheat free and vegan!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 cup your favorite vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal, or 1¾ cup oatmeal flour (make sure they are certified gluten free if you have a gluten intolerance)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Green & Black's organic chocolate bar cut up)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Put oatmeal in a blender or food processor and pulse to a fine crumb, alternatively you can use already prepared oatmeal flour
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, peanut butter, and brown sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the baking soda, oatmeal flour, and cocoa powder and mix until combined (the batter will be thick)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about half way full.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes about 16 brownie bites